Beijing Normal University
Beijing Normal University, It’s predecessor, the Normal College of the Imperial University of Peking, was founded in 1902, and then changed into Beijing Normal University in 1923, which become the first normal university in China history.
Beijing Normal Universty is Expected to Enter Into Top 5 in China
Beijing Normal University is Expected to Enter Into Top 150 in the world
Different kind of institution ranking can evaluate Beijing Normal University from different parts.
criteria and weighting
The (Times higher education) Ranking
criteria and weighting
criteria and weighting
|Academic Peer Review 40%
Global Employer Review 10%
Citations per faculty 20%
Faculty student ratio 20%
International Student Ratio 5%
International Faculty Ratio 5%
|Industry Income – innovation 2.5%
International diversity 5%
Teaching – the learning environment 30.5%
Research – volume, income and reputation 30.0%
Citations – research influence 32.5%
|Quality of education 10%
Quality of faculty 40%
Research output 40%
Per capita performance 10%
Key Points about Beijing Normal University Admission
- Two bases for talent training in the field of scientific research national art basic disciplines
- Five bases for talent training in the field of national engineering basic disciplines
- Ministry of Education "Training Mode innovative experimental areas": 5
- National Experimental Teaching Demonstrating Center: 3
How Many International Students Like to Study in Beijing Normal University?
About 4500 International students from 124 countries and regions study in BNU, degree students accounts for 70%.
Which Program Deserves Your Studying?
- One of The earliest programs that can grant master degree of pedagogy, phd degree of pedagogy
- Mingyuan Gu, president of China Education Association, is one of professors about teaching pedagogy
- Pedagogy program employment rate is up to 100%
- About 97% experts hold PHD degree
- Important base for training China higher school president and teachers
- The first psychology school in China higher education institutions
- Psychology program ranks top 1 evaluated by China ministry of education
- The orientation of psychiatry and psychology, Neuroscience & Behavior rank top 1% of ESI
- Professionals who teach in school were in important position in international and national institutions, like IUPsyS former president, Mr.Zhang houcan, former president of Chinese Psychological Society, Mr Lin Chongde
- Psychology college and Asian Association of Social Psychology co-host Asian Journal of Social Psychology
Chinese Language and Literature
- Above 400 international students pursue studying Chinese language degree in here
- College of liberal arts have more than 100 years of history, its plays a leading role in national language and literature development
- Literature writing and training writer are the feature of this program. Yan Mo, Nobel Prize in Literature in 2012,graduated from here.
- Its will be developed as a center for national language innovation and consultation, a center for Chinese literature research and international communication and a center for develop and promote Chinese Language and literature education
- One of national first-level key programs
- History program is the earliest program that acquire doctor degree of history in China
- Taught by well-know professionals like He ziquan, Guo shuduo, Michael Lau, Chen Qitai, etc.
- Research center for develop disciplines on China history, its institute of history studies is the first organization in history filed which approved by MOE China
- Students can acquire China history knowledge systematically and in an innovative way
Study & Living Environment
- Once it’s capital of six dynasties, now is the modern capital of China. You can feel the traditional Chinese culture and modern civilization in here
- A unique city that hosted summer Olympic Games and will host winter Olympic Games
- One of centers for higher education institution, above 90 universities located in Beijing
- As a plural city, in which you can feel 56 diverse ethnic cultures and experience different cultural integration
- Beijing's climate is typical continental monsoon climate characterized by hot and rainy summers,cold and dry winters. Air Condition is not very good in some winter days because the development of industrialization.
About Beijing Normal University
- As one of the nation’s first ten key universities, its strong teaching facilitires and rich teaching experience can guide students study more efficiently.
- Students activities are very rich in different learning stages.Its motivated learning atmosphere provide a better study environment for students
- BNU have cooperated with nearly 300 universities and research institutes from more than 30 nations and regions for developing education.
Words from International Students
Why students choose to study in Beijing Normal University
International Students around the world like to study in Nanjing University, some for its reputation, some for friends recommendation, some for its teaching quality, some for its beautiful environment,etc.
How is it feel like to attend Beijing Normal University?
Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.
This part content is keep updating
Degree program application deadline is much earlier than other universities
Normally, Beijing Normal University degree application deadline will be ended in the end of March each year. So, if you are interested in applying for programs in BNU, maybe you need to prepare in advance.
Entry examination is required for some students
If students can not meet the needs of Beijing Normal University acceptance, you need to attend entry exam organized by university, the test time in April generally. BNU will set up two examination stations, one is in BNU, mainland of China, the other station is in overseas, like South korea, where may be changed for some factors.
Paper application material which has been notarized are required for degree students
students themselves or other student clients need to send the paper notarized materials to BNU